- National Squads
- Get Involved
- National Squads
- Get Involved
Sports Resilience Package to boost industry capabilities and help businesses stay ahead of the curve
1. Following the announcement of the S$50 million Sports Resilience Package (SRP) on 15 October, Sport Singapore (SportSG) has recently announced the full details of the grant framework and eligibility criteria for both businesses and individuals. The new measures under the SRP aim to support critical players in the sports ecosystem, to preserve core capabilities in athlete pathways and pipeline development, as well as to catalyse the industry to provide innovative sports formats for Singaporeans to continue to stay active.
2. The Operating Grant will provide additional support for more than 100 entities including private academies and clubs, private league operators and facility operators who contribute to athlete pipeline development. Eligible entities will receive an equivalent of about 25% of their total operating expenses, capped at $15,000 per month, from now till Mar 2021.
3. Under the theme of ‘Going Blended, Driving Innovations’, the ‘Blended’ Initiative Grant supports event management companies, event organisers and private academies and clubs in the development of event and programme innovation that engage participants in ‘phygital’ event formats and/or programmes. This initiative aims to support at least 50 projects and also expand their reach beyond Singapore’s borders to engage regional or global audiences.
4. The Enterprise Innovation and Capability Development Grant seeks to support the development and application of technology and/or innovative solutions in the sport industry. This grant is intended to benefit sport and fitness enterprises in developing and/or applying solutions to take their business to the next level, and for enterprises in adjacent industries (e.g. tech) to develop solutions for the sport industry. Application details will be announced in December 2020.
5. Coaches registered under National Registry of Coaches NROC may apply for the Continuing Coach Education Training Allowance for courses run by CoachSG, and the Structured Mentoring Programme. On top of a monthly allowance, successful programme applicants will be able to enhance their knowledge and skills in coaching and mentorship through professional discourse, practical observations and coaching reports. The Continuing Coach Education Training Allowance is expected to support more than 5,000 coaches while the Structured Mentoring Programme will potentially benefit more than 60 individuals.
For Businesses & Individuals
6. Self-employed professionals, freelance coaches as well as businesses may apply for the Digital Content Development Grant, which aims to enhance the quality of digital sport productions and expand their reach through hosting content on the ActiveSG Circle virtual platform. Successful grant applicants will be able to use the Circle as a test bed to enhance their business models and contribute to the sporting ecosystem. The Grant is expected to support up to 30 projects.
7. Additional information on SRP support measures, application details and FAQ’s is available on the ActiveSG Circle website: https://circle.myactivesg.com/…/sports-resilience-package and if you have any queries from wither the NSA or your affiliates, you can email directly to SPORT_SRPGrant@Sport.gov.sg