UMPIRING COURSES FOR 2020
To support the development of umpires, Netball Singapore holds regular umpiring accreditation courses.
*The upcoming umpire course below will be postponed till further notice.*
14 April: 7-10pm (theory)
21 April: 7-10pm (theory)
25 April: 8 am to 4pm (Practical + theory)
2 May: 8 am to 1pm (Practical)
9 May: Practical Test (8 am to 1pm)
Limited to 16 participants only
*There are umpiring courses specially for students and teachers. Please refer to the ACTIVE Schools Programmes
to book these courses for your school.
LEVEL 1 UMPIRING COURSE
Syllabus & duration:
Rules, Technique and practical
Online Theory Exam: 1 hour
(Must be completed prior to the Level 1 course and
certificate of completion submitted on the first day of the course)
S$100/- (includes Rule Book)
Optional – ACME Thunderer Whistle available for purchase at
S$10 (Plastic) or
Number of Participants:
Minimum 10, Maximum 16
Minimum Age: 12 year-old
REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR THE COURSES:
Online registration (before closing date) and payment via bank transfer, PayNow, cash or cheque at Netball Singapore (9am-6pm, Mondays-Fridays, except Public Holidays)
After Registration and Payment for Level 1 Course:
Collect a Rulebook before, or on first day, of Course
Complete the Theory Exam Online and submit copy of certificate of completion on first day of the course
You should receive an email confirmation with course details (1 week prior to course)
For more enquiries regarding the registration process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or call Salizah at 6346 5063 ext 120.
Course Fees: Level 1 Umpiring Course - $100 REGISTER NOW
ONLINE THEORY TEST
The Minimum passing mark is 70%. The test result is valid for 6 years.
There are 100 multiple-choice questions to be completed in 60 minutes. There are no limits to the number of times you may attempt it. If a pass mark is not achieved, feedback on correct / incorrect answers will not be given to encourage participants to go back to the rule book.
Participants will need to follow the steps below to complete the exam and will be required to print out and provide a copy of their certificate to Netball Singapore for validation and record keeping purposes.
for online test instructions and registration.
to access to Netball Australia Umpire Exam Centre.
1. Level 1
Level 1 – valid for 2 years only. Required to be tested for C badge within 2 years. Upon expiry, the participant must re-sit the Level 1 course.
Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the completion of the course
2. C Badge
Badge will last for 6 years
Umpires will have more exposure to high level games
More monetary incentive for each match umpired.
3. Talented Umpires will be TID during the courses to be further trained for C Badge or higher level Badging.
4. Participants are encouraged to practice umpiring during school/club training. If participants have nowhere to get sufficient practice, please contact email@example.com
5. Any umpire who does not have their Badge re-endorsed or a new badge awarded shall be known as a Level 1 umpire and shall be paid in Netball Singapore events at the rate of a Level 1 Umpire.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Netball Singapore reserves the right to postpone or cancel the workshop if the numbers do not meet the minimum requirement.
2. In the event of cancellation, all participants and schools will be informed well in advance.
3. If participants wish to withdraw from the workshop and obtain a refund, coaches/schools must notify Netball Singapore in writing. A letter of notification must be submitted to Netball Singapore 3 days before the workshop commences. An administration fee of S$5.00 will be deducted from any refund within 3 days’ notice. No refund will be given if 3 days’ notice is not provided.
Umpires interested to attain a higher badge (including C, B and A Badges), please email to firstname.lastname@example.org