Get to know more about Mission Mannas' Captain, Nurul Baizura (C/WD/WA).
National Representation Experience: 83 caps
Social Media ID:
Facebook Page: Nurul Baizura
1. I am best known to my teammates for…… being LOUD! You hear me first before you see me. You can definitely hear me on court, loud and clear. I’m hyper, overly energetic and talks too much at times.
2. My lethal weapon on the netball court is…… my fake passes. “Bai-pass, as my mates call it” It is sooo lethal that sometimes I fake my teammates as well (not good!)
3. In my spare time I like to…. do some housework while blasting some songs. I’m quite OCD about things having to be neat and clean.
4. My inspiration to continue to excel in netball comes from….. the special and incredible moments that netball as a sport has to offer. Those moments of sheer will and desire to overcome whatever odds there may be drives me every day to better my game.
5. If I could be a celebrity for one day, I would be…. And why
I would like to be Celine Dion. She has such a powerful vocal, which is very mesmerizing and captivating (Yup, I like to sing! Heh!) She is a very classy woman who portrays herself well. Her music has been influential to me as her lyrics mainly focus on themes of world’s problems such as poverty, and spirituality, with an emphasis on love. We all need some love, especially in this world we live in now.
6. My match day preparation includes…. having a light meal. My favourite go-to food is peanut butter waffles!
7. If you won 1 million dollars, what would you do with it…. Give SOME to my parents. Give SOME to my siblings. Monetary contribution to the Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) population/families caring for people with autism. People with ASD hold a special place in my heart ever since I started working with them. Lastly, MAYBE buy a car for myself. MAYBE NOT. I’ll just spend it on food and clothes and shoes.
8. The thing I look forward to most about Singapore is….. family and friends. Everyone that matters is here at home.