Bench Official Courses
BENCH OFFICIALS ACCREDITATION
In the Netball Singapore Accreditation programme there will be 2 scorer roles.
Scorer 1 shall complete the Statistical Score Sheet
Scorer 2 will complete the Running Score Sheet and call for the scorer 1
In the Netball Singapore Accreditation programme there will be 2 timekeepers on each game
There are a number of tasks which need to be completed by timekeepers – the allocation of the tasks will vary from game to game depending on the equipment and specific protocols.
Accreditation as a Scorer and/or Timekeeper can be gained on games which are 4 x 15 minute duration and approved by Netball Singapore Technical Manager.
Candidates who wish to be accredited as a Scorer shall:
• Attend training sessions as required
• Successfully complete three Statistical Score Sheets on matches approved by Technical Manager
• Successfully complete three Running Score Sheets on matches approved by Technical Manager
Candidates who wish to be accredited as a Timekeeper shall:
• Attend a training seminar
• Successfully complete three matches as a Timekeeper on matches approved by GDM/NTM
1. Scorer completes a score sheet and requests the Bench Referee submits it for assessment to TM or Netball Singapore approved assessors.
2. Technical Manager or Netball Singapore approved assessors will be responsible for the assessment of the score sheet.
3. When correct score sheets have been submitted the result will be advised to the candidate.
4. Candidates not yet competent will be advised promptly and advised on areas of improvement needed.
5. Timekeepers will be observed by assessors during designated games.
6. A certificate will be awarded
Date: 27th Feb (Tues) and 1st March (Thurs) 2018
Venue: Netball Singapore Conference Room
Time: 6.30pm to 10.00pm
Course Fee: Adult- $40, Student- $20*
*Only for students who have student pass
The course would mainly covers:
Event requirements of Bench roles, scorers and time keepers
Proper handling of bench equipment (Electronic Scoring Devices, stopwatches and etc)
Filling up the bench forms (eg. Scoresheets, Running Scoresheets and etc)
Interested participants, please email to email@example.com